Corporate Social Responsibility
LCCI recognise that it must invest in building the necessary human capacity required in the economic and business environment to meet the expectations of our stakeholders – government, private sector and all citizens.
Building human capacity is very critical to the achievement of LCCI vision which is “to Promote and protect the interests of its members and the business community at large through public policy advocacy, creation and facilitation of commercial and industrial opportunity, provision of business development and services and observance of highest standard of business ethics”. The key areas of CSR at LCCI includes:
- Mentorship programmes for young entrepreneurs.
- Provision of free information, technical assistance and business services for SMEs
- Education endowment fund for selected technical collage institutions
- Industrial training programmes for undergraduates
- Fee professional lectures to undergraduates in selected tertiary institutions
- Provision of free incubation centres for new SMEs owned by women and young people